Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Operation a GO!

Welcome to the beginning of my saga. I will start by telling you a little bit about myself, and how I got to where I am currently in my life.

I am 25 years old, married to the love of my life, Fonz, and reside in Carol Stream with two cats. Ninja and Pirate. Obviously, by the name of this blog I am not a skinny girl. Nor have I ever been one for a steady period of time. I wouldn't call myself obese, but I am a far journey from being considered the ideal weight. I am roughly 5'6 and weight 215-220 pounds.

I have always struggled with weight my whole life. Being chubby is cute until you are about 11, and that is when boys start to notice girls, and they notice who are the cute ones, and who are the fat ones.... I was a fat one. It stuck with me through out middle school and high school. I finally "grew into myself" around sophomore year, and actually was a healthy weight. I was active in sports and on a usual routine for working out, that of course ended when I graduated.

I began to gain weight slowly, and then steadily, and then one morning I woke up and looked in the mirror and said, "Holy CRAP!!!! I'm a size 18-20 in pants?!?!?! How did that happen??" I will tell you how.. I stopped caring about how I looked. I developed the mind set that if someone is going to love me, they will love all of me. And I meant ALL of me. I didn't care enough about myself emotionally, mentally, or physically to give being healthy a shot. It meant stop eating the foods I enjoy. Stop vegging out on the couch after work.

Something changed in my head when I met my husband. It took a lot of complaining and whining but I convinced myself and him that it was time for me to get healthy again. I have the same dreams as most women. I want to have children. If i was saying that I want to be healthy for when I have kids would be incorrect. I NEED to be healthy for when I have children. So that is how Operation Chubby girl began.

I will be blogging my way through the pride, tears, sweat, swearing and fat melting. I am not holding back, and at sometimes can maybe be to honest or too much information. But this is a real story, about a real women's journey through transformation and self discovery.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment