Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Delayed, but here.

I have gone on hiatus, mostly due to the stomach flu I wonderfully got Wed night that lasted through Saturday! AWESOME!

I didn't go into Cross fit on Thursday or Friday because of that, but I promised myself that I would make it in Monday. And that I did. I am going to break down the next two days for you.

Monday: I woke up dreading going back into CF due to the fact that my legs were just becoming functional and I knew the pain would be back. Fonz and I went to the same class that day. And let me point out something about working out with your spouse, communication is great in a relationship, except for Cross Fit. We don't talk to each other through a workout. It can be distracting. When we both finish out workout, we will saying encouraging things, but not until it is done.
During warm ups, I tried a squat and felt an extremely sharp pain in my hip, and couldn't even do proper stretches. When speaking to another lady in the class, it was figured out that my IT Band on my left leg was too tight, and it needed to be rolled out.
IT Band Roll out = hell on earth. I have had it done by someone once, and I almost puked from the pain. I was given the option of doing it myself for having Jason (Trainer) do it for me. I opted to do it myself. I rolled out for 10 horrible min. Jason pulled me from the WOD that day, and made me row. I rowed 1000+ M.
I felt discouraged after that class. Because I was so out of shape, I was in pain, and the fear came over me. I felt like the person who was babied and left out. Last night as I was talking to Fonz, he encouraged me to move past it, and make up for it in the future. Thursday I am getting a tattoo, that I have promised myself that the moment that it goes onto my skin, that I will change from old Kate, to new Kate. And I did just that!
Tuesday!!!!!
I woke up in a positive attitude today. I had a wonderful breakfast with my husband, I had a great therapy session, and I saw my mom. Which makes me happy. Then...dun dun dun...Crossfit.
I moment I walked in the door, I remembered my new life motto (Which I will share Thursday.) I stretched, and I warmed up with my favorite thing ever! Squats!!!! If you could hear sarcasm in a blog, it would be there. All I kept repeating in my head was New Kate, New Kate, New Kate. Jason asked me to do 10, I made it to nine, and he asked me to do 10 more. Totaling 19, I hate odd numbers, so I did 20. I made squats my bitch.
We also worked on Max Shoulder Presses today. I started with a 35 pound bar, and ended up maxing at 55 today. I made three attempts at 65, but it just wasn't going to happen. But I am still proud of maxing on 55.
The WOD was Push Jerks and Box Jumps. 21-18-25-12-9. Jason is still modifying my workouts, so my work out was what follows.
Push Jerks 45lb
12 Inch step ups
21
15
9

I felt so proud when I finished. I was partially dying, but happy.

I am taking Wed off because I have to work and then we are going out to dinner for Fonz's birthday.
I will be back Thursday, and I will update then!

No comments:

Post a Comment